cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: BeginnerSimpleWebappOrganisation strange evolution ...
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:22:45 GMT
Hussayn

yes, it does!  (and I am both a windows user - local
machine and UNIX user - for the production site)

can you add these "gems" to the relevant wiki pages?!

derek

>>> dabbous@saxess.com 20/02/2003 04:15:00 >>>
Hy, Derek;

upps...

>From your question may i conclude, that you are a windows user?

I am not very familiar with the windows file syntax, but i
think, the translation is something like:

src="work/sitemap.xmap"     ==> $cocoonroot\work\sitemap.xmap
src="D://work/sitemap.xmap" ==> D://work/sitemap.xmap

By specifying an absolute path, i can separate my project sources
physically from the cocoon-distrib. Does this answer your question ?

regards, hussayn

Derek Hohls wrote:
> Hussayn
>
> $cocoonroot/work/sitemap.xmap - I understand, but
> where exactly is
> /work/sitemap.xmap ??? and why do you want it?
>
> Derek
>
>  >>> dabbous@saxess.com 20/02/2003 03:22:54 >>>
> Hy, Derek;
>
> If you specify a relative src it will be resolved relative to the
> current sitemap. If you specify an absolute source, it will be
> resolved as is ==>
>
> suppose you put a submount into the rottsitemap, then:
>
> src="work/sitemap.xmap"  ==> $cocoonroot/work/sitemap.xmap
> src="/work/sitemap.xmap" ==> /work/sitemap.xmap
>
> If this is NOT correct, then i really missunderstood something ;-)
>
> regards, hussayn
>

> Derek Hohls wrote:
>  > Hussayn
>  >
>  > From the Cocoon docs site:
>  >  http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html
>  >
>  >
>  > <map:match pattern="faq/*">
>  >    <map:mount uri-prefix="faq"
>  >              check-reload="no"
>  >              src="faq/sitemap.xmap"/>
>  > </map:match>
>  >
>  > The src attribute is where the sub-sitemap is located.
>  > If it ends in a slash "sitemap.xmap" is appended to find the
sitemap,
>  > otherwise the src value is used. A check-reload attribute can be
used
>  > to determine if the modification date of the sub-sitemap file
should be
>  > checked.
>  > The uri-prefix is the part that should be removed from the request
URI.
>  >
>  > The engine will correctly check for a trailing slash (which you
may
>  > write,
>  > of course). If in the example above "faq/cocoon" is requested,
"faq/"
>  > is removed from the URI and "cocoon" is passed to the sub-sitemap
>  > which is loaded from "faq/sitemap.xmap".
>  >
>  >
>  > So - the Cocoon docs writer seems to be saying that src DOES NOT
NEED
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BeginnerSimpleWebappOrganisation

>  >
>  >
>  > which from my understanding has introduced two severe errors!
>  > As i don't exactly know, why these changes have been made,
>  > i want to ask if i missunderstood something. Here is, what i
>  > find suspect:
>  >
>  > 1.) Advanced Issue: separating your work folder from cocoon
>  >      ...
>  >      <map:pipeline>
>  >        <map:match pattern="work/**">
>  >          <map:mount check-reload="yes"
>  >                     reload-method="synchron"
>  >                     src="work/sitemap.xmap"
>  >                     uri-prefix="work"/>
>  >       </map:match>
>  >      </map:pipeline>
>  >
>  >
>  >      This snippet i found in the doc. In my eyes this does NOT
>  >      what is explained in the doc. From my understanding the
>  >      source must be declared as absolute path as follows:
>  >
>  >                     src="/work/sitemap.xmap"
>  >
>  >      Why has the leading slash been deleted in the doc?
>  >
>  >
>  > 2.) Advanced issue: Setting up a generic mount point outside of
Cocoon

<cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>

> *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is believed to be
clean.

> "The CSIR exercises no editorial control over E-mail messages and/or
> attachments thereto/links referred to therein originating in the
> organisation and the views in this message/attachments thereto are
> therefore not necessarily those of the CSIR and/or its employees.
> The sender of this e-mail is, moreover, in terms of the CSIR's
Conditions