cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject [SOLUTION] Re: SVG to JPEG/PNG problems
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:25:17 GMT
Found the error:

There was character "out of place" in the CSS file
I am using for the SVG styling - something like

.myStyle {
  color: red;  3$
}

This resulted in a "Bad CSS" message being displayed
(on the browser's status box - at the bottom in IE) when
the image is displayed as SVG - BUT when converted to
JPEG or PNG format, then this "error" causes ALL the
formatting to be lost so the image displays without the
CSS colors, fonts etc.

Motto: write good, pure code !! (as always, of course ;-)

>>> DHohls@csir.co.za 20/02/2003 08:39:33 >>>

I am having problems getting the SVG serializer to
correctly display my graphics as JPG/PNG - there
are no reported errors, and the conversion as a whole
goes OK, but many of the colors do not display properly,
font sizes and alignments are out and so on.

What do I need to do to fix this??

Thanks
Derek

"The CSIR exercises no editorial control over E-mail messages and/or
attachments thereto/links referred to therein originating in the
organisation and the views in this message/attachments thereto are
therefore not necessarily those of the CSIR and/or its employees.
The sender of this e-mail is, moreover, in terms of the CSIR's Conditions
of Service, subject to compliance with the CSIR's internal E-mail and
Internet Policy."