cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "ivelin" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XMLForm layout
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:59:34 GMT

This is a perfectly acceptable technique.

-=Ivelin=-
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carmona Perez, David" <DPerezCar@fcc.es>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 5:40 AM
Subject: XMLForm layout

Dear XMLFormers,

I would like to embed some extra information for rendering my XMLForml in
its .xml file definition.

Is it a good idea to insert my custom tags apart from the standard <xf:*>
ones in order to provide information to the *.xls that performs the layout?

I could include e.g. in a <xf:selectOne/> tag, custom tags for declaring the
contents of each column of the table if I render it as a table with a radio
button in each row.

<xf:selectOne ref="..." selectUIType="table">
<xf:item>
<xf:caption>...</xf:caption>
<xf:value>....</xf:value>
<column number="1">.....</column number>
<column number="2">.....</column number>
</xf:item>
<xf:item>
<xf:caption>...</xf:caption>
<xf:value>....</xf:value>
<column number="1">.....</column number>
<column number="2">.....</column number>
</xf:item>
</xf:selectOne >

Or I could use it for specifying if two fields should go in the same row or
in separate ones.

------
David