cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Not Available <aseriousis...@yahoo.com>
Subject esql not working at all, no connection ever created!
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 08:47:20 GMT

I have been trying to get esql to work now for about 3 days with no luck. I beleive i have
configured everything correctly but when I run any xsp page with esql it returns a duplicated
page of my xsp page except that it stops at the esql:connection tag. When I look at the error
log it says there was a null pointer exception. After examining the generated java file I
think it is because a connection object is always null (never set to a valid connection).
However I am pretty confident my pool is set up correctly and the drivers are being loaded
ok.

Here is the code that it points to in the java file:

 _esql_query = new EsqlQuery( _esql_connection, String.valueOf(
      ""

                + "      select * from antiques "
                + "     "
              ) );

No where above this code is the _esql_connection every initialized with a connection.

I am using the latest release for java 1.4.1 and running windows me with mysql.

Thanks,

Kris