cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <tcol...@neuagency.com>
Subject Re: Recommended Cocoon reading
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:50:10 GMT
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Nathan Rogers wrote:

> I am looking to evaluate Cocoon.  I've been able to follow the tutorials
> enough to grasp how to create transformations by adding entries to the
> sitemap.  Now I want to harness it for database intensive work (I am
> familair with the MVC model utilized by Struts but this does not seem to
> map directly into the Cocoon framework).  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated - this framework sounds very robust for the projects I have
> to develop.  Can anyone recommand a good book/other resources that goes
> past the basics into either practical applications or more complex
> examples such as web applications?

Nathan,

As far as books go, if you search Amazon for "cocoon", the top 3 books
returned should be more than plenty.  However, these only really cover
Cocoon 2.0.x, and do not touch on some of the more recent technology in
Cocoon such as the Flowscript.

You may wish to download Cocoon 2.1 from CVS, and check out the "Petstore"
sample, which makes extensive use of the Flow, which some people around
here describe as "MVC+".  In fact, lots of the samples would probably be
useful to check out.

Regards,

Tony

--