cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Schlabach <TSchlab...@gmx.net>
Subject What does Tidy do in XML-in XML-out pipeline?
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:20:59 GMT
Dear list,

my question is about the 2.1-dev version of Cocoon (build from CVS earlier
this week).

I have a quite simple pipeline that is supposed to to nothing but serve a
file. It looks like this:

        <map:match pattern="*.html">
                <map:generate src="framework/template2.html" />
                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
        </map:match>

Notice I did not set type="html" and I verified in sitemap.log that it is
the FileGenerator that is beeing used. The file in fact is sort of a XHTML file
with some XInclude in it. The pipeline fails with Message: null,

In catalina.out I actually see an error message by Tidy complaining about
the xi:include in the document.

Who the f*** told Tidy to check this document at all as it is XML in - XML
out and "by chance" similar to HTML. Is this mean to by any artificial
intelligence?

Torsten