cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Content formats
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 20:19:23 GMT
Hi all,

I've been looking through the samples in 2.1 dev and all over the wiki
and the web, but have not found many good resources on XML web content
representation.

Perhaps I have missed something; if so, please point me to it.

In my travels, I have found several formats in use:

- document-v10.dtd, which I fouind in src\documentation\xdocs\dtd, was
designed for software documentation
- Docbook seems to be too geared towards actual books and manuals such
as at http://www.tldp.org.  Web pages don't really have chapters.
- Aurigadoc seems to be geared towards help files

Many cocoon samples use no DTD or schema declaration and start from a
<page/> element.  There seem to be some common tags used in this format,
but I can't find much about it.

What format do seasoned Cocoon people use to represent web content?
 That is, when the choice isn't made for them because of pre-existing
content.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks