cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Re: is cocoon the right tool?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 02:39:25 GMT
Theoretically, Cocoon is built for this type of scenario.  It is built
on SAX, which processes XML serially using an event model, so that the
entire document need not reside in memory all at once.  We also have the
Paginator, which seems to be a perfect fit here.  Finally, if your
application will have concurrency requirements or even have the same
dataset accessed more than once, Cocoon's caching will also come into play.

Having said all that, I have not yet seen an application that puts my
comments to the test.  If you take the time to build your application
using Cocoon, we would love to hear back about your success and/or
failure.  If you discover a performance problem, post details to the
cocoon-dev list.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks