cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: Recommended Cocoon reading
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:06:47 GMT
Hi:

I own the 3 books already written about Cocoon. You can find info about
the books at:

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/link/books.html

Personally I will recomend you the first 2 books ("Cocoon: Building XML
Applications" and "Cocoon Developer's Handbook"), read it in the same
order as they appears.

"Cocoon: Building XML Applications" goes deeply about theoretical isues.
It covers mainly how to develop using transformers. I think this is very
find book for every newbie in Cocoon.

"Cocoon Developer's Handbook" is more practical it does not goes too
deeply.  But have many tips and tricks and is a cool Developer Handbook.
It is a very nice reference.

About the 3rd book I can said it is a very fast overview about Cocoon. You
does not need it if you already own the books described above. It was
released after the "Cocoon: Building XML Applications" and because of that
you dont need it.

Please also note that Cocoon development is very fast and there are many
new features in the current cocoon. But I think it is fine to read those
books.

I hope it can help yoo.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.