cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Painter-Wakefield" <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: esql not working at all, no connection ever created!
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 16:57:16 GMT

Please post your xsp code, or at least the portion with esql in it.  Very
hard to help, otherwise.

-Christopher

|         |           Not Available    |
|         |           <aseriousissue@ya|
|         |           hoo.com>         |
|         |           04/01/2003 03:47 |
|         |           cocoon-users     |

  |       To:       cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
                       |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  esql not working at all, no connection ever created!

I have been trying to get esql to work now for about 3 days with no luck. I
beleive i have configured everything correctly but when I run any xsp page
with esql it returns a duplicated page of my xsp page except that it stops
at the esql:connection tag. When I look at the error log it says there was
a null pointer exception. After examining the generated java file I think
it is because a connection object is always null (never set to a valid
connection). However I am pretty confident my pool is set up correctly and
the drivers are being loaded ok.

Here is the code that it points to in the java file:

 _esql_query = new EsqlQuery( _esql_connection, String.valueOf(
      ""

                + "      select * from antiques "
                + "     "
              ) );

No where above this code is the _esql_connection every initialized with a
connection.

I am using the latest release for java 1.4.1 and running windows me with
mysql.

Thanks,

Kris