cocoon-users mailing list archives

From e nio <enio...@yahoo.com>
Subject cocoon2.1 causing ungraceful shutdown on Tomcat4.1.18 ?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 04:43:49 GMT
  I have cocoon2.1dev and the newer cocoon2.1m2 which I observed
when deployed on Tomcat 4.1.18, causes Tomcat not to shutdown
gracefully. I get that status of Servlet did not call
System.exit().  You can try and verify my observation if you
have the Tomcat4.1.18 and start it with  ./catalina.sh start
command. fyi i have jdk1.4.0_01.
  The only way I can kill the process is via a kill -15
javathatstartedcocoonpid.  The effect may not be apparent but it
was causing a major headache for me because I also have
Jetspeed1.4-b4 that does not come up on subsequent restart of
Tomcat due to Tomcat ungraceful exit. Anyone else experience
this?

Thanks..