cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Again: &quot;forgotten&quot; namespaces problem
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 08:57:52 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi:
>
>Check:
>http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=RemoveNamespaces

I know this one, but I am afraid, you really missed the point. Please
try to read my original posting again. In brief words again:

IMHO Cocoon **has to be** standards conform and hence also the HTML
serializer should produce standard conform HTML; as it can easily
happen, that namespaces stay in the transformed XHTMLs, the HTML
transformer *has to* remove them. Not *should*.

Because *should* means, that mostly it will not be removed, and again,
we seen tons of irregular HTML documents generated by an important open
source tool. THIS is no promotion for Cocoon! As HTML publishing still
is the most important usage pattern for Cocoon, this "bug" seems to be
very serious to me.

Additionally adding this XSLT transform step to (nearly) every
transformation pipeline, to be sure, puts additional complexity into the
sitemap and, moreover, slows down the pipeline. This is definitily a
step that should be performed by default in the serializer! And this is
the point.

Alex