cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Newbie: writing XML files with Cocoon
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 13:08:29 GMT
> Apologies if this is a basic question.

> I'm just starting with Cocoon really and am trying to produce a
> content management system using it to see whether it really is
> suitable for my needs.
>
> As part of this I need to edit xml files via the browser but it occurs
> to me this must be something that loads of people have done already.
> My question is therefore what content management projects exist or
> failing that what browser based XML editing tools exist.
>
> I'm using:
> Win98
> Tomcat 4.1.24
> JDK 1.3.1
> Cocoon 2.1

If you're using 2.1, you should try Stefano's Linotype. I haven't yet tried it (but will
soon). It looks really cool. Unfortunately the download link is broken, so I can't tell you

where to get it, and Stefano is apparently hiking up an inca trail towards Machu
Picchu, which doesn't help! But it is well worth waiting for. It uses client side wysiwyg

editing on IE6 and Moz6, and flow behind the scenes.

Hope that helps (and doesn't cause too much 'I can't find it' frustration).

Regards, Upayavira