cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: mod-db - Updating multiple rows
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 13:39:47 GMT
Amelie Cordier wrote:
>>Christian Haul dijo:

> I've tried all the solutions you suggested to me but it doesn't work and I
> can't find anything in the log files :(

Please change the log level for sitemap to debug and look again.

Which version of Cocoon are you using?

> I may have badly explain my problem...because I don't want to update a key
> field. As my english is poor, I think that an example is better than a
> long explanation.
>
> In my table I've the following records :
> idA idB idC idD MyString
> ------------------------
> 1   3   5   6
> 1   3   5   7
> 1   5   5   9
>
> And after the update, I want something like that :
>
> idA idB idC idD MyString
> ------------------------
> 1   3   5   6   hello
> 1   3   5   7   world
> 1   5   5   9   !

Right. I have made a small sample (although it uses only 2 keys) which
does that. Please create a new table according to schema.sql and put the
other files into e.g. $HOME/public_html and go to
http://localhost:8888/~acordier/ (in case you are running 2.1-dev on
unix) The sample uses the personnel connection.

> Here is a sample of code that I've tried. I've put idD either as a key or
> as a value but with no results.

>       <keys>
>          <key name="idA" type="int">
>             <mode name="request-param" type="request"/>
>          </key>
> 	 <key name="idB" type="int">
>             <mode name="request-param" type="request"/>
>          </key>
>          <key name="idC" type="int">
>             <mode name="request-param" type="request"/>
>          </key>
> 	 <key name="idD" type="int" set="master">
> 	    <mode name="request-param" type="request"/>
> 	</key>
>       </keys>
>       <values>
> 	 <value name="MyString" type="string" set="slave"/>
>       </values>
>
> Once again, I'm lost

This looks fine. The logs should shed some light on this.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de