cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Austin Tashis <austintas...@covad.net>
Subject Re: No valid JdbcConnection class available with MySQL
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 18:46:40 GMT

On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 01:57  PM, Geoff Howard wrote:

> check through the logs in WEB-INF/logs and the tomcat logs as well for
> errors reported in instantiating the connection at startup.

The cocoon error log just contains the same error message that's
displayed in the browser. Tomcat is not having a problem with the
database as other webapps are currently using it with no difficulty.

>  Typically this problem has come down to one of the following:
> - permissions in mysql (is your user permitted to connect from
> localhost/ip?)

Yes, I am using the same username/password as the other webapps, and
they are working fine. Also, I can change the user info and produce an
authentication error, so this is clearly a different problem.

> - the driver not being declared in web.xml

It is.

> - using cocoon built with jdk1.2/1.3 with jdk1.4 or vice versa

This is a possibility. I'm pretty sure I downloaded the right one, but
I could be wrong--at least it's something I can double-check.

Is there any trick to un-installing cocoon? I tried removing all its
folders from Tomcat, but when I put the new cocoon.war file in there it
didn't do anything. :-/

> - something else that escapes me

Let me know if you recapture it. ;-)

> Any of that help?

Possibly. I'll let you know. At any rate, thank you very much for
replying!
--
Austin
====