cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin McDermott" <ke...@realise.com>
Subject New Sites
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:27:58 GMT
Hi,

On Sunday 9th June, we put live Phase One of our migration of Standard Life
Investment's sites...

www.standardlifeinvestments.com
canada.standardlifeinvestments.com
us.standardlifeinvestments.com
mutualfunds.standardlifeinvestments.com
retail.standardlifeinvestments.com
uk.standardlifeinvestments.com
property.standardlifeinvestments.com
ireland.standardlifeinvestments.com
europe.standardlifeinvestments.com
asia.standardlifeinvestments.com
funds.standardlifeinvestments.com

The box is an IBM RS6000 running AIX, and the software stack is
Apache/Tomcat/Cocoon 2.0.4.

The content is managed in Interwoven's Teamsite, with the XML documents that
are transformed being generated from TeamSite's DCT (Data Capture Template)
system, as DCRs (Data Capture Records).

The Fund Prices data is provided by an internally available Servlet, which
is aggregated into the pages.

>From go-ahead to go-live it took 7 weeks.

Phase Two, which is scheduled to start almost immediately, involves moving
more apps across to the server, and load-balancing another box in the setup,
in addition to bringing back within scope, some items which were dropped to
meet Phase One's go-live date.

Phase Three, which is scheduled to go live in September, will involve
migrating the remaining Standard Life sites across to the delivery mechanism
along with any remaining Apps.

So far, we've been very impressed by Cocoon, and hope to contribute some of
the small modifications that we made, in order to integrate with Teamsite.

Thanks

Kevin McDermott
---
Kevin McDermott Senior Technologist