cocoon-users mailing list archives

From FREDERICK E WAYNE <fewa...@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Subject question: adapting matchers to environment
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:08:26 GMT
hullo all,

we're running a cocoon site in multiple places. each of the developers has their own local
tomcat/cocoon install, plus we have the production server.

trouble is, the production server has a slightly different environment. URIs have to be a
little different:

development: http://localhost:8080/ems/emslinks/foo
production: http://server/cocoon/ems/emslinks/foo

the sitemap has to reflect this, so:

development:
<map:match pattern="emslinks/*">
 <map:generate type="html" src="emslinks/{1}.html"/>
 <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

production:
<map:match pattern="ems/emslinks/*">
 <map:generate type="html" src="emslinks/{1}.html"/>
 <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

so i have to maintain two sitemap files, which is incredibly error-prone. my question is this:
is there some way i can parameterize the matching from, say, an environment variable? say:
<map:match pattern="{$fnord}/emslinks/*">

or am i completely barking up the wrong tree, and should apply my efforts to making the URIs
the same for the development machines?

thanks for the help,

rw