cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Mount vs File for logicsheets inside cocoon.xconf
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:04:55 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:

>I'd appreciate a brief explanation (or pointer
>to such) as to why:
>
><parameter name="href" value="file:///my-path-to-cocoon/logic/my-taglib.xsl"/>
>
>works (placed inside the <builtin-logicsheet> section of
>cocoon.xconf)
>
>and why:
>
><parameter name="href" value="resource://logic/my-taglib.xsl"/>
>
>gives an error (the file could not be located).  I have seen both
>forms of referencing used in examples, but cannot get the latter
>to work...  can someone suggest why??

You know that resources are loaded by class loader, right? Which means that

  <parameter name="href" value="resource://logic/my-taglib.xsl"/>

translates to

  <parameter name="href"
value="file:///my-path-to-cocoon/WEB-INF/classes/logic/my-taglib.xsl"/>

I guess that was the missing piece.

PS Due to the above (class loader) resources can be reloaded only
together with all the classes. Redeploy of the whole webapp will pick up
changes in the logicsheet but then you will have to manually delete all
compiled XSPs because Cocoon will not know that it was changed.

Vadim