cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Raman Jankiram" <rjan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Cocoon Confusion/Logging Error
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:47:42 GMT
I am porting few XSPs written in Cocoon 1.8 to Cocoon-2.0.4 and I get Cocoon
Confusion error with little information on what the error could be.

I know Cocoon 1.8 provided very clear error messages like syntax error. I
don't see such a thing in Cocoon2 other than the 'Cocoon Confusion' message.

I looked at my logs(catalina.out) and found

Logging Error: Could not set up Cocoon Logger, will use screen instead
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: cannot
create
FileTarget
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.factory.FileTargetFactory.createTa
rget(FileTargetFactory.java:201)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.DefaultLogTargetManager.configure(
DefaultLogTargetManager.java:122)

I am not sure if they are related.

Please help.

Thanks