cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Flowscript problem?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:14:41 GMT

> From: Francis Vermeulen
>
> thanks for the reply. But as I understood it, for a single
> script there may be multiple continuations at any point in
> time, all corresponding to different page submissions so that
> if you use the browser back button, submitting that page can
> use that particular continuation to restore the intepreter
> state as it was when that page was being submitted the first
> time.

sorry, my last answer was too fast: you are right, local variables are
bound to the continuation. I tried it with the calculator example by
changing all variables to local variables. I entered a and b and then
forked my browser window (using IE with Ctrl+N) and jumped back to enter
a different value for b. If I used local variables I got two different
results which is the right behaviour. I tested with a CVS snapshot from
last week (with the latest rhino lib).

> That's even the example given in the documentation? So
> I don't understand your point, I'm sorry. Can you clarify
> further on this?

Sorry again.

Try out the calculator examples the way I did. Do you get the same
results as I got?

Cheers,
Reinhard>