cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Sitemap Component for XML Validation?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:59:43 GMT
From: Stephanie Zohner

> Hi,
>
> I would like to validate (with an XML Schema) a SAX Stream in
> the sitemap before it is processed in the next sitemap
> component. Does anybody know of a component (Transformer)
> that can validate an XML Stream against a specified XML
> Schema?

AFAIK there is no component you're looking for in the Cocoon repository
but it shouldn't be to difficult to implement it.

BTW: What should happen if the validation fails?

> Or do I have to implement it myself. Has anybody
> already imlemented a similar component?

see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105467910500001&r=1&w=2, maybe this
helps

> Would an
> implementation with JAXB (Java Architecture for XML Binding)
> be a good approach?

hmmm, why do you need JAXB for XML validation?

Reinhard