cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "jcplerm" <jcpl...@ameritech.net>
Subject (Woody) How to produce a hyperlink based on bound values from an XML document (2)
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:10:11 GMT
One more detail: I know I can simply paste read-only values onto an HTML form with "output"
fields.
I would write the category code from the example below enclosed in XML tags which could be
further transformed into the final "<a href...>" tag.

But for the hyperlink I need the {request:contextPath} prepended to the partial URI to form
the complete target URL.

In form templates, I know that I can access request/session/... variables within the "action"
and "location" attributes of the <wt:form-template> tag.

But I need to have similar access to those vars elsewhere on the same form template to compose
the target URLs I am looking for.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

jlerm
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jcplerm
  To: users@cocoon.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 2:53 PM
  Subject: (Woody) How to produce a hyperlink based on bound values from an XML document

  I would like to add, along with regular Woody fields populated by XML binding, hyperlinks
to other URLs based on values from that same XML document.

  For instance, in order to edit the properties of a product I have input fields for SKU#,
dimensions, price, etc.
  But I would also like to provide a link to jump to the page to edit the category this product
belongs to.
  The category code, in my application, is a read-only value on the product editing page,
which should be presented as a link with a "<a href=.../>" tag.

  How can this be done?

  Thanks,

  jlerm