cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "אורי כהן" <...@machshavot.co.il>
Subject querying to the server's database through cocoon using the client web application
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:54:32 GMT
Hi and good day to you all!
I am using the binary version of Cocoon version 2.0.4 for JDK 1.4.
My server is the Apache Jakarta Tomcat version 4.1.27.
My database is MySQL version 4.0.13 using the JConnector driver version
3.0.8.
My computer’s operating system is Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional.
I need to be able to create links in my Cocoon generated
web-application, which are actually queries to the server’s (cocoon
connected) database. Clicking on any of these links would not change the
entire page but a selected portion in it. I do not mean using frames or
iframes. Is there any coding language I can use for that? From what I
gathered by now, XSP as amazing as it is, is not useful in this case,
since it is used for internal server operations only.
What are my options? Is JSP useful for that? If so, how do I create a
pipeline in the sitemap that doesn’t send an entire page but only the
portion that is requested or do I use xpointer to get only what I need
of the entire received page.
Thanks for reading so far. Any help is welcome and greatly appreciated,
god bless…
				Ori Cohen