cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "John Williams" <j...@ennui.co.za>
Subject Update a pair of tables having a one-to-many cardinality in a transaction - modular database actions
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:59:16 GMT
Say I have a pair of tables - ORDER_HEADER (who placed it, delivery date, etc) and ORDER_LINE
per item (quantity, price, etc) - and I want to update the both based on changes submitted
by a user. These changes could include:

update to ORDER_HEADER, eg new date
deletion of some ORDER_LINE rows - items not available
addition of some ORDER_LINE rows - items newly required
update to some existing ORDER_LINE rows - new prices

Looking at the functionality available in Modular Database Actions I notice that the add,
update and delete must be called separately and thus cannot be done as a single transaction
(the commit is embedded within each action type).

Has anyone got around this?

John Williams