cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michel Benevento <michel.beneve...@clockwork.nl>
Subject Re: v2.1 Mac OS X installation DOES work
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:30:31 GMT
People,

I think this should be in the docs somewhere:

The answer to this problem is to unpack the archive with 'gnutar'
instead of 'tar'. Using Mac OS X's default tar (which is BSD tar I
presume) produces a corrupted filename somehwere, causing the whole
process to fall over. Using gnutar makes everything go smooooth.

Perhaps this is common knowledge amongst people here, but I (and I
suspect most other Mac OS X users) never heard of this fenomenon.
Luckily gnutar is also installed on Mac OS X.

I found my answer here:
http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-users/2002-August/
021132.html

So long,