cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Hidden form fields with Woody
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 18:42:16 GMT
On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 19:55, jcplerm wrote:
> I am not trying to store the application state on the client side.
> I guess there are more uses to hidden fields than just that.
>
> How can I implement a web page that has a list of display-only
> items, each one ended by a "delete" checkbox like:
>
>     "movie title 1"     [ ]
>     "movie title 2"     [ ]
>
> (the square brackets above are the checkboxes and the
> content between double quotes is readonly, not editable
> text fields).
>
> In my understanding, repeaters require an "id" field
> whose content is sent along with the checkboxes state
> upon form submission.

Nope, that's not strictly required. That's only required by the binding
framework. I saw Sylvain today committed a new repeater-binder that is
able to work without id fields.

Now if you use binding, you can still avoid the id attributes to be send
to the client if you are storing the Form object on the server side
between requests. If you are using flowscript, this is automatically the
case, since it is stored as a variable in your flowscript/continuation.

> In the example above, there is no such id field (just HTML text).
> The hidden fields would be used to store that unique id,
> so the multiple delete upon checkbox selection would work.
>
> How can I make this work with Woody?

Basically you need to adjust the XSL that formats the widgets to support
this (by reacting to some parameter supplied in the wi:styling). The
woody-default.xsl currently doesn't support this. New XSL's that replace
the woody-default.xsl have been recently committed to CVS, you may want
to check these out.

If I got it all right, with these new XSL's you can do it as follows:

<wt:widget id="myfield">
  <wi:styling type="hidden"/>
</wt:widget>

Hope this helps,