cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: i18n trouble with nested elements in catalog messages
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:35:57 GMT
On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 11:05, Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> Sorry, hadn't time to investigate the problem, but from looking through the
> code I didn't notice anything that could possibly be related to the problem.
>
> Your suggestion with the getLocaleName() instead of getName() is correct and
> should be fixed, though it doesn't solve the problem.
>
> As a suggestion, try to add some logging to the XMLResourceBundle which is
> in the i18n packet (src/java/org/apache/cocoon/i18n) and see if it parses
> the namespace at all and does it give out the URI.
>
> I'll try to take a look at it myself more closely a little later.

Just had a quick look too, I think the problem is that the files are not
parsed namespace-aware: see these lines in the class "XMLResourceBundle"
(line 201-202):

DocumentBuilderFactory factory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
DocumentBuilder builder = factory.newDocumentBuilder();

Oliver, could you try putting the following between those two:
factory.setNamespaceAware(true);

and let us know if it helps?