cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Bowler" <paulbow...@www.aventix.co.uk>
Subject RE: No "authentication" context?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 08:50:08 GMT
I have just come back from holiday and, upon downloading the new 2.1 release, am having the
same problem with some of
my components.

For example, I have a very simple session generator that takes the session data and throws
it out as XML. The code
that does this is:

SessionContext context = (SessionContext) s.getAttribute("org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.SessionContext");
context.streamXML("/global/authentication", super.contentHandler, super.lexicalHandler);

As you can see, this takes the 'SessionContext' object that is stored in the session and uses
the 'streamXML' method
to pass the data as XML to the next component in the pipeline.

Since the official 2.1 release the 'org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.SessionContext'
session object/attribute
has gone being replaced
with 'org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.DefaultAuthenticationManager/UserStatus'.
This is a
different class and AFAICS is undocumented. ALL of my session components no longer work.

Can anyone explain why this change was made and how to access the XML session data from within
Java code.

Many thanks,

Paul.

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:53:10 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote
> Sonny Sukumar wrote:
> >

> > 1.) Upon authentication, I store the user's email address in the
> > <ID> tag in
> > the doc the auth resource returns.
> > 2.) My assumption until this point has been that the "authentication"
> > context is now created in the session and stays there until the user logs
> > out.  Furthemore, I've assumed that I should be able to fetch the ID tag
> > contents at any time while the user is logged in (the email
> > address, in my
> > case).
> >
> Yes, that's absolutely correct.
>
> > I'm now using auth-protect with the correct handler in the
> > pipeline, but I
> > still get the same error--context "authentication" can't be found.
> >
> Without further information, I can only say that it should work that way.
>
> You can have a look at the sample of the authentication block, the protected
> pipeline there uses the session transformer to display the whole
> authentication
> context.
>
> Carsten

Paul Bowler