cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Easy way to transformer parameters into a pipeline ??
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:30:16 GMT
On 05.Sep.2003 -- 03:30 PM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> [...]

Passing parameters down the pipe out-of-band (IOW by not adding a tag
that travels down the pipe in-band like the rest of the data) is a
dangerous thing as you have no idea about the actual
schedule. Usually, a SAX event callback is completely propagated down
the pipe before the next callback is invoked. However, by using
buffers one pipeline stage may complete before the next is started.

So, you can use request attributes (or session attributes, an external
file, ...) to pass parameters out-of-band, provided it is not needed
for the following stage any earlier than the tag that causes the
parameter to be set.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l