cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Klein" <kle...@web.de>
Subject Re: tutorial - MySQL - NoValidConnectionException: No valid JdbcConnection class available
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:54:39 GMT
Flavio,

if you have tried all the reasonable things and doublechecked your settings (which I think
you have from previous posts on this thread), it's most likely to be a version problem. I
ran into the same problem when I upgraded from MySQL 4.0 to 4.1 and had to replace my old
mysql-jdbc-connector by version 3.08. What helped me was getting the (by then) most recent
version 1.1.1 of the excalibur datasource-jar from their website and replacing the old one
in the WEB-INF/lib folder.
Also, there are (or at least there used to be) two versions of cocoon-2.0.4, one for JVM 1.2,1.3
and one for JVM 1.4. The excalibur datasource component is different in the two. Since you
are using the binary version, have you doublechecked you got the right one?

For reference, my system:
tomcat 4.1
jdk 1.3
mysql 4.1
mysql-jdbc-connector 3.0.8
excalibur datasource 1.1.1

Hope this is of any help. Unfortunately I don't know too much about cocoon internals and dependencies
myself.
Stefan