cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Roth, Scott" <scott_r...@merck.com>
Subject RE: Value substitution within auth-protect
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:22:28 GMT
try
<map:generate src="content/admin-{../1}-{../2}.xml" />

You are in the action's context, so in order to access the values from the
matcher, you need to step up one level back into the matcher's context.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugh Field-Richards [mailto:h.field-richards@eris.qinetiq.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 10:37 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Value substitution within auth-protect

Hi

I have a pipeline match fragment -

<map:match pattern="admin-*-*.html">

<map:act type="auth-protect">

<map:parameter name="handler" value="adminHandler"/>

<map:parameter name="application" value="adminApp"/>

<map:generate src="content/admin-{1}-{2}.xml" />

</map:act>

</map:match>

which does not perform the value substitution. If I change it

<map:match pattern="admin-*-*.html">

<map:generate src="content/admin-{1}-{2}.xml" />

<map:act type="auth-protect">

<map:parameter name="handler" value="adminHandler"/>

<map:parameter name="application" value="adminApp"/>

</map:act>

</map:match>

so that the generate is outside the action it seems to work. I have

searched the docs but nothing is obvious there. The only thing I can

think of is that there is a change of context which destroys/ignores

the wildcard values. Is there a way around this? I guess having the

generator outside the authentication is an unnecessary overhead

affecting performance when checking for the first time.

With thanks

Hugh F-R

Dr Hugh S. Field-Richards

Principle Scientist

QinetiQ, St Andrew's Road, Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, UK

Tel: ++1684 895075 Fax: ++1684 896113

Email: h.field-richards@eris.qinetiq.com

The views expressed above area are entirely those of the writer and

do not represent the views, policy or understanding of any other

person or official body.