cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: NEWBIE: Using request-scope XML doc as generator source?
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 05:51:34 GMT
What are you starting from?

In my case we are using EJBs that return Transfer Objects.  I have written a
generic BeanGenerator that uses Betwixt to convert the Transfer Objects
directly into SAX events.

Ralph
-----Original Message-----
From: David Benoff [mailto:dbenoff@covad.net]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 6:23 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: NEWBIE: Using request-scope XML doc as generator source?

Hi all,
I have a Tomcat/Struts web app using JSP that I’m trying to convert to
Cocoon.  I have it working with the action classes writing temp XML files to
disk and Cocoon’s file generator using the temp files for the XSLT
transform, clearly not a very scalable setup.  Is it possible to configure
Cocoon to use a JDOM document stored as a request or session attribute as
the generator XML source?  Or perhaps some other alternative?

Thanks very much for any hints!

David Benoff

---