cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: EJB + Cocoon, "Best Practices"
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 15:45:33 GMT
I haven't used flow either, primarily because it doesn't seem mature - at
least from a documentation standpoint.

However, my take on what I read was a little different than yours.  I've
looked at things like Weblogic's Java Page Flow and Cocoon's version seems
similar. I believe the concept here is to manage a sequence of views.  The
pipeline seems to do a very good job in causing a single view to be
presented but it is hard to make sure that pages are presented in the
correct order. I belive Cocoon flow tries to address that problem.  I see it
more as a wrapper around a set of pipelines.

Of course, if I have it wrong please correct me.

Ralph