cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: PhpGenerator does not return an answer
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 18:03:00 GMT
Michael Wechner wrote:
> I would like to try out the PhpGenerator and followed the Wiki step by step
>
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=PHPGenerator
>
> and everything worked fine, but when I request the php file, then
> the browser just keeps browsing and the server doesn't really respond.

Well, I wrote the docs based on all the information that I could find, and the stuff that
I already
knew.  The sad part is that I could never get it working, either :(

> The PHP file should be ok, because it works when calling "php -f test.php".
>
> There are no error log messages, etc.
>
> Am I missing something or has anyone the same experience?
> (I am using Cocoon-2.1 release and JDK1.4.2 on Linux)

I think there was talk a while ago on either this list or on -dev where it was mentioned that
if we
couldn't get the PHPGenerator working again, that it might get moved back to scratchpad --
I don't
think that ever actually happened, though.  I think the real problem is within the PHP Servlet
that
is included with the PHP source itself.  I'm not even sure if that ever worked correctly.

Regards,
Tony