cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.org>
Subject Re: PhpGenerator does not return an answer
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:38:16 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> I would like to try out the PhpGenerator and followed the Wiki step
>> by step
>>
>> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=PHPGenerator
>>
>> and everything worked fine, but when I request the php file, then
>> the browser just keeps browsing and the server doesn't really respond.
>

> Well, I wrote the docs based on all the information that I could find,
> and the stuff that I already knew.  The sad part is that I could never
> get it working, either :(

sad, but good to know ;-)

>> The PHP file should be ok, because it works when calling "php -f
>> test.php".
>>
>> There are no error log messages, etc.
>>
>> Am I missing something or has anyone the same experience?
>> (I am using Cocoon-2.1 release and JDK1.4.2 on Linux)
>

> I think there was talk a while ago on either this list or on -dev
> where it was mentioned that if we couldn't get the PHPGenerator
> working again, that it might get moved back to scratchpad -- I don't
> think that ever actually happened, though.  I think the real problem
> is within the PHP Servlet that is included with the PHP source
> itself.  I'm not even sure if that ever worked correctly.

I am currently trying to make it run within Tomcat itself. There is a
README within sapi/servlet , but
I have not succeeded yet. I hope to meet Sam Ruby at the OSCOM
hackathon  next Tuesday. He might know,
because AFAIK he wrote most of it. Well, anyway I will post my findings
to the list.

Thanks

Michael