cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.org>
Subject Re: PhpGenerator does not return an answer
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:13:58 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> I would like to try out the PhpGenerator and followed the Wiki step
>> by step
>>
>> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=PHPGenerator
>>
>> and everything worked fine, but when I request the php file, then
>> the browser just keeps browsing and the server doesn't really respond.
>

> Well, I wrote the docs based on all the information that I could find,
> and the stuff that I already knew.  The sad part is that I could never
> get it working, either :(

ok, I finally got it run at least as a servlet. The major problem now is
that it chrashes after a couple hits. Other people also reported that
kind of problem, but it seems that it never got fixed.Here are my steps
anyway:

Download FLEX
=============

http://forums.devshed.com/archive/5/2003/05/4/62931
http://sunsite.utk.edu/Solaris-X86/prgms7/flex-2.5.4a-admin.html

Download PHP
============

http://ch2.php.net/get/php-4.3.3.tar.gz/from/a/mirror

Build PHP
=========

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=PHPGenerator

tar -xzf php-4.3.3.tar.gz
cd php-4.3.3
export CFLAGS ="-O3 -mcpu=i686 -march=i686 -malign-functions=4  -pthread
-g3 -Wall -DZTS -prefer-pic"
./configure --with-servlet --with-java=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2  --enable-debug
export PATH=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2/bin:$PATH
export CLASSPATH=/home/michi/build/tomcat/common/lib/servlet.jar
make
(su; make install; php -f test.php)

Integrate into Tomcat 4.0.6
===========================

cp sapi/servlet/phpsrvlt.jar ../cocoon-2.1/lib/local/.
mkdir -p /home/michiii/build/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/php/WEB-INF/
cp sapi/servlet/web.xml
/home/michiii/build/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/php/WEB-INF/.
cp test.php /home/michiii/build/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6/webapps/php/.
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/php
./startup.sh

Cocoon PHPGenerator

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=PHPGenerator

cp sapi/servlet/phpsrvlt.jar ../cocoon-2.1/lib/local/.
./build.sh clean
./build.sh

One thing missing within the Wiki is the LD_LIBRARY_PATH which is needed
to find the library libphp4.so

HTH

Michael