cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Volkmar W. Pogatzki" <volk...@pogatzki.net>
Subject Errors Building Cocoon 2.1.1
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:31:45 GMT
I always get some errors on building Cocoon 2.1.1
Maybe somebody can give me a hint what I've done wrong.

My system:
Linux Suse 8.2
Java 1.4.2_01-b06
Tomcat 4.1.27

What I did:
- downloaded Cocoon 2.1.1
Then, as root:
- tar xvzf cocoon-latest-src.tar.gz
- cd cocoon-2.1.1
- Copied, according to documentation
<http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/installing/index.html#Java+1.4+configuration>
   xercesXXX.jar, xalan-XXX.jar, and the xml-apis.jar
   from the /lib/endorsed/ to /opt/tomcat/lib/endorsed/
- ./build.sh test > log

"log" shows three errors that I don't understand.

Ignoring these errors I simply built the war:
   ./build.sh war
and dropped it into /opt/tomcat/webapps/ where it seems to perfectly
work, since I can access all samples and documentation through
"http://tomcat/cocoon".

Question:
How can I solve the problems shown up in "log"?
The documentation mentions something about "UNIX with X server" and
"Headless UNIX and PJA", but I don't know how to deal with it. Do I need
"-Djava.awt.headless=true", and if, where in (catalina.sh?) should I
place it?

Any help will be much appreciated!
Volkmar

My "log" file:

[...]

Testcase: testCatalogPropertiesAvailable took 0,027 sec
	Caused an ERROR
null
java.lang.ClassCastException
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.test.ResolverImplTestCase.setUp(ResolverImplTestCase.java:282)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.testcase.ExcaliburTestCase.run(ExcaliburTestCase.java:403)
Testcase: testCatalogPropertiesAvailableTestcase:
testAvailableResolveEntity took 0 sec
	Caused an ERROR
null
java.lang.ClassCastException
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.test.ResolverImplTestCase.setUp(ResolverImplTestCase.java:282)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.testcase.ExcaliburTestCase.run(ExcaliburTestCase.java:403)
Testcase: testAvailableResolveEntityTestcase:
testNonAvailableResolveEntity took 0 sec