cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.org>
Subject Re: edit an XML-File via browser
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:36:32 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Guido Casper wrote:
>
>> Sliman Bouchareb <sliman@gmx.de> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>> is there a possibility to edit a simple XML-File via a browser in
>>> cocoon ?
>>>

>> It depends on what you mean by _edit_ and what you mean by _simple_.
>> There is nothing OOTB. But to get an idea how you can do it have a look
>> at the WebDAV block
>> http://localhost:8888/samples/webdav/
>> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WebDAVBlock
>>
>> or at the Woody block
>> http://localhost:8888/samples/woody/
>> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Woody
>>

> Or look at the Linotype block, using Mozilla (>=1.3?)

Or take a look at Lenya, where you can edit XMLs with various editors.
Maybe we could try to make a block out of them, such that you don't
necessarily need
the rest of Lenya just to edit an XML file over the web.

btw, last week I have started to implement the AtomAPI into the Lenya
Blog publication such that you can use
an editor application such as for instance:

http://bitworking.org/rfc/implementation/wxAtomClient_25Aug2003.zip

"Introspection" and GET are already working. PUT needs to be finished.

Thanks

Michael