cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject Executing multiple pipelines for a request?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:48:34 GMT
I have a situation where I need to transform a single input XML document into
multiple (3 or 4 actually) output documents (which will be stored in a
database).  It's code generation functiohnality (using Cocoon to generate
Cocoon code itself) which is where the need for the multiple files arises.

I haven't come up with a good way to accomplish this in a single request.

I suppose I could execute an aggregation transform with the source for each
input using the "cocoon://" pseudo to point to 4 distinct pipelines, one for
each output I need, then throw away the final output. But that seems
inefficient and a bit of a gross hack.

I suppose I could write a custom map:fork transform or action that would do
this (anyone know if you can call a pipeline from inside action code without
terminating the existing pipeline containing the action?

Or maybe a map:callreturn that builds on map:call but returns to the calling
pipeline?

Anyone ever done this before?  Any suggestions on how best to address this?

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com