cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject Re: create a transformer that is a combinaison of transformers
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:02:11 GMT
Tim:

> here is work toward this, search on the dev list for "Virtual Pipeline
> Components". I do not believe this has been implemented yet, but would be glad
> to be proved wrong.

Sounds like something I would be interested in as well.

> In the mean time, you can define a map:resource that contains your transforms.
> Then you can call the resource where you wish to have the compound transform
> performed. It gives you the same effect of modularity, just with a different
> syntax.

The only issue here is that <map:call> never returns (last I checked...be
nice if it had a parameter so that you could set return="true")....so it
limits the flexibility of this approach.  Once you call a map resource, your
flow of control in the main pipeline is terminated.  Any ideas on how to get
around that?

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com