cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: EJB + Cocoon, "Best Practices"
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:29:25 GMT
We used EJB + Cocoon 2.0.4 for our project ConWeb. We have an
EJBConnectorAction that handles the authorization and calls a
WorkFlowBean with the request information. This one is calling actions
doing the business logic. It returns the workflow information in a
HashMap, the sitemap decides on this information which generator to call
(e.g. simple XML or FilterGenerator). The FilterGenerator knows the
components to call in the backend, especially a prepared FilterDocument.
The FilterGenerator gets the SAX events directly from the backend
without any XML binding. The advantage is the cacheability of the
FilterDocuments. They can be reused on the next request (the caching is
only not implemented in the generator until now). The architecture is
highly pluggable.

Joerg