cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject Re: XMLForms, configurable actions, and SOAP service
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:37:22 GMT
Oleg:

> Are there any plans to develop an XForms (as in W3C) and Schematron
> compliant framework ?

A doubt that you'll see an standards compatible implementation of XForms as
part of Cocoon for quite some time.  It would be a pretty big job to take
JXForms to compatibility and I doubt we'll see it any time soon (or ever for
that matter).

I would suggest you take a look at the Chiba project at:

    http://chiba.sourceforge.net/

They have a good open source implementation of XForms and are close to full
spec compliance.  They also have an older Cocoon integration module (called
Chicoon) which only works with an older version, but I'm working on fixing
that and bringing Chicoon to current release levels for Cocoon and Chiba.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com