cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Fred Toth <ft...@synernet.com>
Subject RE: Large documents and fragments?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:41:37 GMT
Thanks Olivier,

Yes, that does help. I read up on the command line interface and I see
that it neatly solves the serialize-to-file problem (and others). Thanks
for the tip.

But what about the fragment question? Say I have a single source file
that will generate these pages:

1. full text view
2. abstract only view
3. figure 1 page
4. figure 2 page
5. table 1 page
etc.

 From what I understand so far about cocoon, it seems I would have to parse
the file 5 or more times, once for each of the output page types. Is there
a better
way?

I feel like I need a process to make XML fragments for these, then call them
individually for processing. Or is that not the cocoon way?

Thanks again,

Fred