cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Albert Bruffaerts <albert.bruffae...@brussels.sema.slb.com>
Subject Re: Finding DTD when aggregating content using XSL (resolved or dismissed?)
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:55:30 GMT
Hello.

I just wanted to know whether the behaviour described in the email thread
started on Fri, 09 Aug 2002 12:55:24 -0700 by Ross Gardler has generated
some follow-up, or even better some correcting patch.

Indeed, today in Sep 2003, I am still observing exactly the same behaviour:

a. XML parsers used by XSLT transformers activated directly from a sitemap
pipelines are using the Cocoon entity catalogs to get access to DTD files

b. XML parsers used to perform execution of calls to XSLT function
"document()" embedded in XSLT scripts used by XSLT transformers activated
directly from a sitemap pipelines are not using the Cocoon entity catalogs
to get access to DTD files

I am using:
  Cocoon 2.1
  Tomcat 4.1.24
  JDK 1.4
  Xerces 2.4.0
  Xalan 2.5.1

Even if from the Cocoon XSLT FAQs, I read that the use of document() is not
recommended within the Cocoon context (What's "wrong" with the use of the
document() function in Cocoon), I consider it rather surprising that the
Cocoon entity catalogs seem not to be used by all XML parsers instantiated
within the Cocoon context.

Please, could you tell me whether I miss a step somewhere
or whether this behaviour is the symptom of a bug in the wiring of Cocoon
components (specifically some XML parser instances)?

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Best regards,
Albert Bruffaerts

Sema Belgium SA    http://be.sema.com
rue de Stalle 96   mailto:albert.bruffaerts@brussels.sema.slb.com
B-1180 Brussels    fax: +32 2 333 55 22
Belgium            tel: +32 2 333 52 34 / 58 (secr.)