cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Dulin <oleg.du...@opence.net>
Subject XMLForms, configurable actions, and SOAP service
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:33:18 GMT
I am working on a proof of concept demo to determine whether using some if
the newer Cocoon 2.1 features makes sense in our application. The ultimate
goal is to minimize the amount if Java code required to write,

The requirement is fairly simple:
-  Show a form to the user
- Validate the form
- Submit form values to a SOAP service

Now, there are the following constraints;
- We need the solution to be generic enough to be able to create new forms
and access new soap services with minimal code changes; ideally it should
be a matter of modifying an XML file

The calculator XMLForm example seems close enough except it is missing SOAP
calls. I looked at  AbstractControllerAction source code and noticed a
comment that this is an experimental class. How experimental is it ? Are
there any better ways to fulfill my proof of concept requirements ?

Kind regards,
Oleg