cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <Jorg.Heym...@12snap.com>
Subject RE: insert request parameter from action
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:20:19 GMT
I like to reply to myself :)

Could someone explain me then the difference between

  	<map:match pattern="upload">
  		<map:act type="upload-files"/>
  		<map:generate type="request"/>
  		<map:serialize type="xml"/>
  	</map:match>

and
  	<map:match pattern="upload">
  		<map:act type="upload-files">
  			<map:generate type="request"/>
		</map:act>
  		<map:serialize type="xml"/>
  	</map:match>

I see the latter version mentioned in the docs a lot, it's however not
working for me.. (it's not matching the upload pattern anymore somehow)

Is there a scope notion maybe? For variables set in the action to be picked
up by the other components they need to be added in the enclosing xml
element?

First time I'm using actions, so I'm probably still on the learning curve,
would be glad however if some could enlighten me (:

Tnx
Jorg