cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel Alfred" <Alfred.Nathan...@swx.com>
Subject RE: using global variables in subsitemaps
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:54:33 GMT
I had similar problems with the global input module.
Somewhere in the guts of building non-trivial pipelines the
Avalon magic used to the global configuration gets lost.
I didn't manage to hunt down the exact reason or to construct
an example for a decent bug report.

In the end I am now using the DefaultsMetaModule which serves
the same purpose.  The only difference is that the values
are defined in cocoon.xconf like:

  <input-modules>
    <component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.DefaultsMetaModule"
logger="core.modules.input.my" name="my">

      <values>
        <conductor-serverdomain>141.222.121.13</conductor-serverdomain>
      </values>
    </component-instance>
  </input-modules>

which you can then use in the sitemap as {my:conductor-serverdomain}.

HTH, Alfred.

views of the sender's company.