cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "flavio\.easy\@iol\.it" <flavio.e...@iol.it>
Subject Re: tutorial - MySQL - NoValidConnectionException: No valid JdbcConnection class available
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:22:51 GMT
Hi Stefan,

you was right :-)

I installed excalibur-datasource-1.1.1.jar and it runs.

Thanks a lot

Flavio

> Flavio,
>
> if you have tried all the reasonable things and doublechecked your settings (which I
think you have from previous posts on this thread), it's most likely to be a version problem.
I ran into the same problem when I upgraded from MySQL 4.0 to 4.1 and had to replace my old
mysql-jdbc-connector by version 3.08. What helped me was getting the (by then) most recent
version 1.1.1 of the excalibur datasource-jar from their website and replacing the old one
in the WEB-INF/lib folder.
> Also, there are (or at least there used to be) two versions of cocoon-2.0.4, one for
JVM 1.2,1.3 and one for JVM 1.4. The excalibur datasource component is different in the two.
Since you are using the binary version, have you doublechecked you got the right one?

> For reference, my system:
> tomcat 4.1
> jdk 1.3
> mysql 4.1
> mysql-jdbc-connector 3.0.8
> excalibur datasource 1.1.1
>
> Hope this is of any help. Unfortunately I don't know too much about cocoon internals
and dependencies myself.
> Stefan
>
> users@cocoon.apache.org schrieb am 15.09.03 10:39:43:
>
> Hi John,
>
> sorry but this is not the solution ... i modified my cocoon.xconf as you suggested but
the error is still the same.

> Anyway i always use mysql in standalone mode without specifing the port number, i think
it takes the default port.

> I am  not expert in using cocoon, but i think that the problem depends from other things,
like, maybe, the version of  tha avalon framework or something like this ...

> I say so because, trying to work around the problem, i put these same configuration tags
in the .xsp file, just before the esql:connection, and this runs ; i know that isn't the right
place but runs ... this means that the datasource tags are right and driver connection works,
isn't it ??