cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Jones" <mdjo...@uky.edu>
Subject cocoon 2.1 and font embedding
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 21:06:23 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Cocoon 2.1, Tomcat 4.1.27 and sun's jdk1.4.2.  I've followed the
steps point for point here
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/serializers/pdf-serializer.html,
trying to embed the Gentium font in a pdf.  In the sitemap I have -

<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.fo2pdf" name="fo2pdf"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
mime-type="application/pdf">
 <user-config>fonts/config.xml</user-config>
</map:serializer>

And my config.xml is -

<configuration>
 <entry>
  <key>fontBaseDir</key>
  <value>.</value>
 </entry>
 <fonts>
 </fonts>
</configuration>

I know this question has been discussed before, and I've read the previous
archives, but there's been different pieces of advice on relative paths and
absolute paths.  I understand that with Cocoon 2.1, the <user-config>
directive can be relative to the sitemap.  I've deleted the cache-dir file
as instructed and all I get is '######' where there should be Unicode Greek.
I've grepped the logs for "FOPSerializer" and nothing is returned, so I'm
getting no help from the log files.  Any suggestions from people who have
successfully gotten this working?  Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,

-Michael Jones