cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sonny Sukumar" <ahimsad...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HTML code shown in browser, not parsed
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 18:24:55 GMT

>From: Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>
>
>Sonny Sukumar wrote:
>

>>Hey thanks for identifying the problem and fixing it.  If I don't specify
>>a mime-type for map:read does it always default to  "text/html"?
>

>Nope : the ResourceReader (the default one) tries to determine the mime
>type from the extension of the "src" attribute using
>ServletContext.getMimeType().

Oh, ok, and that ServletContext.getMimeType() method probably uses the
mime-type mappings defined in web.xml, right?  If no mapping is defined, say
for ".htm" like I used?  Then is no mime-type set and the receiving client
(in this case a web browser) supposed to guess what type of doc it is?

Thank you for the insight,

Sonny